Tips and Tricks:
1. Always make sure you read the label. If it says dry clean only (for a silk robe, for instance), follow the instructions! If you remove the labels of your delicates, keep them together, or look for advice on the shop's website. When in doubt, contact the brand about specific care questions to make sure you don't accidentally damage your intimates.
2. We here at Angela Friedman are big believers in washing intimate apparel by hand. Not only can washing machines damage or destroy the texture of the delicate laces and fabrics of your lingerie, but they will wear out the elastics much more quickly - and elastics generally aren't able to be replaced!
3. For hand-washing, leave your delicates to soak for a few minutes before using soap. Then gently rub them to remove any marks, and add a specially formulated washing liquid or powder, such as Planet Delicate Laundry Wash.
4. With dark or bright colors, only use cold water to reduce the dye bleeding out of your garments. We recommend first washing your lightest color lingerie and then later progressing to darker colors to avoid staining your whites with any dye residue left in the sink. For light colors, warm water is generally sufficient to remove stains - there's no need to "cook" your lingerie!
5. Never wring out wet items, and don't use a dryer. We recommend using two towels to remove excess water: Take your first towel and roll your wet items inside, squeezing gently to remove excess water.
6. Then, lay the items flat on the towel until dry, or hang them up on an airer or washing line.
These steps are sure to keep your lingerie clean, fresh, and ready to last for many wearings! Do you have any tricks of your own for keeping your intimates immaculate? We'd love to hear them!